Welcome to the VISS - Early Learning Centre (ELC) a place where memories of laughter, friendships, exploration, joy and rich learning opportunities begin.
ELC brings the wonderful and natural joy of learning through a play-based curriculum where teachers are intentional and strategic in everything they do. By being responsive to children’s needs and interest, every possibility becomes a magical journey where students can become artists, scientists, problem solvers, mathematicians, inquirers and investigators who are eager for more knowledge and discoveries.
We believe that early childhood is a unique time of life, to be valued and enjoyed in its own right.
Early childhood is the time where foundations are laid for future health, learning and wellbeing. We value children growing up with the understandings, skills and dispositions to be caring people and effective learners, able to contribute to their world and to enjoy rich and successful relationships with others.
As parents know, children are active and competent learners. The relationships and experiences during the early years has a great influence on how their brain grows, that’s why your child’s early learning is our priority. We focus on expanding your child’s knowledge and skills and providing for their interests.
We create a safe, welcoming and stimulating learning environment for your child that:
- Encourages thoughtful play and early literacy and numeracy development
- Promotes a strong sense of belonging and self-worth
- Facilitates warm trusting relationships and interactions with others
- Strengthens resilience, critical thinking and intellectual curiosity
- Promotes communication and problem solving
- Develops capacity to express and acknowledge feelings
VISS ELC implements the Victorian Early Years Learning and Development framework (VEYLDF) within a UAE context. The Victorian Early Years Learning and Development Framework adopts a comprehensive approach to children’s learning and development.
The five learning and development outcomes are:
- Outcome 1: Children have a strong sense of identity
- Outcome 2: Children are connected with and contribute to their world
- Outcome 3: Children have a strong sense of wellbeing
- Outcome 4: Children are confident and involved learners
- Outcome 5: Children are effective communicators