All applications to VISS must be completed online via our website along with a registration fee of AED 500. Please refer to further details in our ‘Enrolment Section’.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Full commitment to their studies
- Excellent record of behaviour and attitude to studies
- High levels of attendance during the academic year
- Willingness to take responsibility for their own learning
- Ability to act as a positive role model to the rest of the school
- Ability to embrace all opportunities afforded them
- Willingness to get involved in many areas of school life
- Willingness to undertake positions of leadership
Entrance Criteria – IB Diploma Programme (IBDP) – for VISS & external students
- An average of B (70%) or above across all areas of study at Year 10.
- Advanced level of competency is crucial for entry into the IB Programme
- External students will be required to take an entrance exam for English and Mathematics. Evidence in those exams should indicate that the applicant has advance English and Mathematics skills.
- Students must have the academic ability to cope with the rigour of the IBDP.
Entrance Criteria – Global Citizen Diploma Programme (GCDP) – ONLY for VISS Students
Entry into the GCDP programme is generally available for VISS Grade 10 students. The GCDP follows the American style credit rating for subjects. In order to achieve a GC Diploma at the end of year 12, student must acquire a minimum total of 21 credits from their study in Years 10, 11 & 12.
- By the end of Grade 10, students must achieve a minimum total of 6 credits in order to join the GC Diploma Programme.
- Students must pass English, Mathematics & Science.
- Where applicable, students must pass MOE Arabic & Islamic Studies.